Tips for Preventing the Spread of Flu
1. Keep your child home from school or day care when he or she is sick.
2. Allow your child to return to school only when fever-free for at least 24 hours (no
longer having a fever without use of fever-reducing medicines).
3. Cover your cough. Cough into your upper sleeve or into a tissue and discard
4. Properly dispose of used tissues and other soiled items, and wash your hands
after doing so.
5. Wash hands frequently and regularly, or use hand sanitizers when water is not
6. Regularly clean and disinfect areas and items likely to have frequent hand
7. Contact your health care provider when your child or other family member is
sick with the flu symptoms include fever, cough, sore throat, runny nose,
headache and body aches).
8. If you are not able to stay home with your child, plan ahead for how he or she will
be taken care of when sick at home or if school is closed.
9. Stay informed through www.state.nj.us/health/, www.cdc.gov, or www.flu.gov.
HEALTHY STUDENTS MAKE BETTER LEARNERS!!